(CRICOS Code: 094954E)
This qualification applies to individuals with a sound theoretical knowledge base in marketing and communication and who demonstrate a range of managerial skills to ensure that functions are effectively conducted in an organisation or business area. Typically they would have responsibility for the work of other staff and lead teams.
The purpose of this course is to prepare students to continue and expand their career within the marketing industry, and more specifically to international students to attain an Australian nationally recognised qualification in marketing.
- Year 12 successful completion and at least 18 years old at the time of course commencement.
- For international students, IELTS overall 5.5 with no band scores less than 5.0 or equivalent.
- Successful completion of all core units in Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication.
Units of Competency
Core (3 Units)
Interpret market trends and developments
Undertake project work
Design and develop an integrated marketing communication plan
Elective (9 Units)
Implement and monitor marketing activities
Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities
Develop of media plan
Conduct a marketing audit
Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
Manage budgets and financial plans
Plan market research
Originate and develop concepts
Establish and adjust the marketing mix
Mode of Delivery
- Course duration: 52 weeks.
- Face-to-face 20 hours per week with 800 contact hours in total.
The qualification provides learners with the skills and knowledge to undertake roles such as:
- Marketing officer
- Market research assistant
- Marketing coordinator
- Public relations officer