We are committed to respecting the privacy of all personal information as well as complying with the relevant state and federal principles on privacy. This policy explains how we manage personal information in relation to the principles and to meet the Privacy Act 1988.
Collection of Information
In connection with providing our services we need to collect personal and sensitive information. The reason is to enable us to:
- Identify and manage our relationships with students;
- Maintain quality course and assessment development;
- Ensure quality business planning;
- Market of our services appropriately;
- Distribute information about various opportunities to our students; and
- To meet Wall Street College obligations to state and federal government bodies We will obtain, only by lawful means, personal information by:
- Interviews, assessments, and training sessions with students;
- Resumes, references, and additional information student’s provide the company;
- Former employers, educational institutions, and professional and/or regulatory bodies;
- Workplace complaints received about students involved in on-the job training; and
- Workplace accidents in which students in on-the job training are involved.
- If the information we seek is not provided we may not be able to fully assist with the application.
Use and Disclosure of Information
We will only use this information for:
- The main purpose of our business;
- Development of our products and services;
- Other purposes where you would reasonably expect us to use this information;
- Where written consent is given by you to it being used for another purpose; and
- When required to do so by law.
In order to fulfill the above we may release your personal information to third parties whom we have a business relationship with, such as:
- Potential employers;
- Actual employers;
- Where we have a legal obligation to provide such information to specific groups.
In the event of your illness or injury, we may use or disclose your health information to any medical or first aid provider for the purposes of administering assistance to you. We may also disclose such information for any other purpose if it relates to the safe conduct of the workplace.
Accessing and Correcting our Information
You can access the personal information that we have about you. We endeavor to ensure all of our information about you is accurate and current, but if you identify some inaccuracies and inform us we will take appropriate steps to correct the information. An access fee may be charged to cover our costs of providing this information to you.
Storage and Disposal of Information
We will take reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse and loss from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. We destroy unused personal identifiable information via a secure manner.