(CRICOS Code: 094955D)
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who provide leadership and strategic direction in the marketing and communications activities of an organisation. They analyse, design and execute judgements using wide-ranging technical, creative, conceptual and managerial competencies.
The purpose of the course is to help student broaden their knowledge base specialised within the marketing and communications field. Students will be trained to build up their accountability for group outcomes and the overall performance of the marketing and communication, advertising or public relations functions of an organisation.
- Year 12 successful completion and at least 18 years old at the time of course commencement.
- For international students, IELTS overall 5.5 with no band scores less than 5.0 or equivalent.
- Successful completion of all the core units in Diploma of Marketing and Communication.
Units of Competency
Core (3 Units)
Develop an advertising campaign
Develop and implement strategic plans
Develop a marketing plan
Elective (9 Units)
Develop organisational marketing objectives
Develop and implement a business plan
Lead and manage organisational change
Provide leadership across the organisation
Manage innovation and continuous improvement
Manage market research
Manage the marketing process
Mode of Delivery
- Course duration: 52 weeks.
- Face-to-face 20 hours per week with 800 contact hours in total.
The qualification provides learners with the skills and knowledge to undertake roles such as:
- Marketing director
- Market strategist
- National, regional and global marketing manager