CRICOS COURSE CODE：096051G
VET NATIONAL CODE： 22251VIC
Designed for participants from non-English speaking backgrounds, this course will improve your skills in reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Learning English as an Additional Language (EAL) with us, you’ll also develop:
- Employment and living skills
- Knowledge of Australian culture and society
- Learning skills
- Computing skills
- Strategies for a successful transition into work or further study in Australia
You will gain confidence with your English skills in social situations and learn to better deal with everyday situations.
You’ll be prepared for further English study or vocational training.
This course will be delivered face-to-face in a classroom based setting.
The duration for this program is 20 weeks (excluding holiday breaks) and consisting 20 hours of face-to-face delivery per week – the total number of face-to-face delivery hours equates to 400 hours.
Units of Competency
To complete this qualification, you must complete All 8 units of competency listed below:
|VU21297||Develop and document a learning plan and portfolio with guidance|
|VU21456||Participate in simple conversations and transactions|
|VU21458||Read and write simple personal communications and transactional texts|
|VU21457||Give and respond to simple verbal information and directions|
|VU21463||Explore transport options|
|VU21459||Read and write simple instructional and informational texts|
|VU21445||Locate health and medical information|
|BSBITU201A||Produce simple word processed documents|
This qualification is for learners to own or have read access to a computer and a willingness to learn and having ISLPR level 2+/3. EAL placement test will be conducted to evaluate the level of English at entering into course
- participant’s current English language skills. (The listening and Speaking and Reading and Writing units in the Framework will provide the basis for initial assessment processes and placement of participants at the appropriate proficiency level)
- participant prior formal education experience, both overseas and in Australia. Year 11 or Year 12 equivalent to Australian qualification and any prior EAL learning.