(CRICOS Code: 098895A)
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
The objectives of this course is to train students to display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. Students exit from this course are expected to use effective communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements, to plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and to identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
- At least 18 years old at the time of course commencement
- Year 12 successful completion or its overseas equivalent. OR Successful completion of any AQF Certificate IV level (or above) courses in Business or in relevant field. OR Have a minimum of 2 years of experience in supervisory role
- For international students, IELTS overall 5.5 or its equivalent, unless your nationality is the US, UK, New Zealand, Canada or Ireland
Units of Competency
|Core (4 Units)|
|BSBWOR502||Lead and manage team effectiveness|
|BSBLDR502||Lead and manage effective workplace relationships|
|BSBLDR511||Develop and use emotional intelligence|
|BSBMGT517||Manage operational plan|
|Elective (8 Units)|
|BSBWOR501||Manage personal work priorities and professional development|
|BSBMGT502||Manage people performance|
|BSBMGT516||Facilitate continuous improvement|
|BSBFIM501||Manage budgets and financial plans|
|BSBHRM513||Manage workforce planning|
|BSBPMG522||Undertake project work|
|BSBCUS501||Manage quality customer service|
Mode of Delivery
- Course duration: 52 weeks.
- Face-to-face 20 hours per week with 800 contact hours in total.
The qualification provides learners with the skills and knowledge to undertake roles such as:
- Assistant manger
- Administration manager
- Operational manager
- Team leader